Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cover Crazy: Matched


Cover Crazy was created by Tawni @ The Book Worms. It is about sharing book covers that we love (ie. admiring the art and beauty of a book’s design).

Oh My Goodness, I am so glad that there is a meme for this (I guess you could say I was referred by Page Turners)! I know the saying "you should never judge a book by it's cover" is very true, but when it actually comes to books, I can't help it. When a book is sitting on a shelf, what is the first thing you see? The first thing that grabs your attention? The Cover! If I like the cover, then I'll read the blurb and find out more about it. I absolutely love book covers! So, before I get carried away, here the cover I'm currently crazy about:


(click image for larger view)

The simplicity of this cover is what draws me in. A single girl, encased inside of a bubble. It's strange, but I just can't seem to put into words how I feel about this cover. Do you like it?

Going off on a little 'cover tangent' here, but I'm one of these people that, when reading a series, I have to buy the matching covers. To some extent, even when I buy multiple books by the same author (eg. Jodi Picoult), I'd really like the covers to match. I was a bit disappointed to discover, after buying half of Jodi Picoult's books, that they were being sent back to the publisher, and re-published with new cover designs. I know have 2 'half sets' of covers. But Jodi is such a good writer, and I don't mind. To help with this problem, I usually buy all of the series at one time (hence my huge In My Mailbox this week).

So, this is definatly a meme that I hope to be a part of regularly, and I promise next time I keep it strictly about the book cover (so without the rant, lol). Are you cover crazy too? I'd love to see what covers you adore!

3 comments:

  1. I love this cover, too! One of my 2010 favorites! Good book, too, definitely worth reading. I think they're keeping this scheme for the cover. The second book matches the first, so the third will, too.

    I know what you mean about wanting books to match! So do I! I just found nine of Terry Goodkind's twelve novels at a used shop in HC and snapped them up. Online last night, I was trying to find original editions that were cheap and in good shape so they'll match.

    I love Jodi Picoult, too! She's my favorite. I started reading her right before Vanishing Acts came out. One of my friends recced her. I started at the library and by the time I got to My Sister's Keeper, I was in love. Vanishing Acts was the first book I bought new. After that, every book by her is a first edition day one buy. For her earlier books...Um, I bought them all used via sites such as Amazon, Abe Books, Half.com, etc. Perfect Match (albeit shorter than the other HCs), Second Glance (oops, large print!!), Keeping Faith, and My Sister's Keeper were purchased in HC. The ones before that were all PB. But I got them all before the major re-design. Have you tried looking for used copies of the editions you want in good shape? I especially recommend www.abebooks.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cover, but I didn't enjoy the book. However, most of my friends did so hopefully you will. I am a new follower. :)

    Reading Lark's Cover Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cover too! It's so pretty. I knew instantly that I wanted to read it when I saw it.

    I totally judge a book by it's cover too. I can't help it! I'm a sucker for a pretty cover.

    I really loved Matched. I can see why some people might not, but I loved it from beginning to end. I can't wait for the second book!

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete