Saturday, May 7, 2011

I.R.L. - Assignments & Prac


Hello to my followers, and welcome to new blog visitors.

You may have noticed, but the number of posts I published during April was pretty low (a total of 2 to be exact). I'd like to apologise for that, and offer a little insight into why, and hopefully make things a little more positive for May.

My life has been pretty crazy the last several weeks, and the next four to six weeks are gonna be pretty busy too. I'm in my last year of studying Education at University (finally) and the amount of assessment is fairly high this semester. During April, I had 3 assessment pieces due, and 4 days before they were due, I lost my USB. So the 15 page assignment, as well as the 2500 essay, and 6 weekly reflections were gone. So I spent the next week getting them done and handed in with the limited extensions I had received. I was glad when that was over.

Now, during May, I am embarking on my final Practicum for my teaching course. This involves 4 weeks of teaching practise, and along with that comes the joys of planning and marking student learning activities, as well as reflecting on those.

So, I know it's been a while since I actually posted a review, but that's because I've been too busy reading textbooks and journal articles for uni, to actually sit down and enjoy a good novel. I've been keeping up with the simple meme posts, and hope to continue to do so while I'm on Prac, but that’s not all I want to do here on the blog.

Thanks in advance, and when all this craziness settles down, I'll be reading my little heart out to try and make it up to you all.


p.s
As previously mentioned, I’m from Australia, so my schooling is on a different timetable than some countries in the northern hemisphere. So enjoy your Summer breaks (those of you that have them), and I’ll try and enjoy the studying and Winter here; although it only gets to about 15°C (approx 59°F) where I live, so I’m lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment